I have been lax around here lately. No excuses. It happens here, and I wish it didn’t. But now I have some really cool new motivations to dive into this old blog and this old boozy scene in the form of:
- New Jobs/Roles: I am now the Chicago area/Illinois state managers for both a Brewery AND a Distillery. I will do separate intros for each on here this coming week, including a running list of establishments supporting us and getting into the fun of what both places do.
- Conceptually, there’s too many breweries to cover in Chicagoland, nevermind the whole country. So I’m going to basically work the blog on a quarterly/seasonal, basis. August list will come out this weekend and then we’ll re-evaluate for fall, or drop some breweries temporarily.
- There will be a lot more focus on the craft distilleries I enjoy, to go along with some of the classic producers. Like craft beer, the explosion of the movement makes it hard to keep track of who is doing what, when, why, etc. I will try to develop a few particular focuses (one of them will be using craft spirits in classic cocktails, with fun variations).
- There’s a mocktail project coming soon, and I will also be making some of those mocktails easily convertible to cocktails with small booze additions. Really excited about this because it combines something I love working on as a bartender with some new talent here. Also, I am not the writer for the main bulk of this project. I hope this series starts some regular appearances by friends of mine!
- I don’t really have a five yet. I leave you with this picture of me drinking a beer.